February 16, 2011
Here is a list of what we have gotten together to use for our Earthly Delight map:
- Delaware State Park- About 8 miles from Delaware, on Route 23
- Alum Creak State Park- About 10 miles from Delaware, down Route 36, right on Old State Rd.
- Soine Vineyards- About 13 miles from Delaware, in Powell, Ohio
- Big Walnut Commnity Trails- About 12 miles from Delaware, in Sunbury, Ohio
- Delaware Wildlife Area- About 8 miles from Delaware, on Horseshoe Rd.
Golf Courses (Public)
- Oakhaven Golf Club- About 3.5 Miles from Delaware, on Route 23
- Glen Ross Golf Culb- About 5 miles from Delaware, on Clubhouse Dr.
Horse Back Riding
- Majestic Stables- About 4.5 miles from Delaware, on Braumiller Rd.
- Alum Creek State Park Trails- About 10 miles from Delaware, down Route 36, right on Old State Rd.
- Blues Creek Preserve- About 11 miles from Delaware, down Route 36, on Fontanelle Rd. in Ostrander, Ohio
- Hogback Ridge Preserve- About 9 miles from Delaware, down Route 36, Hogback Rd.
- Blue Limestone Park- Located in Delaware Ohio, entrance off of William St. or go through driveway of Sanborn on Elizabeth St.
- Delaware Lake Fishing- About 4 miles from Delaware, off of Route 23
- Olentangy Indian Caverns- About 8 miles from Delaware, take Route 23 to Route 315, right on Home Rd.
- Perkins Observatory- Located on Ohio Wesleyan’s campus
- On Henry Street- Take William St. to St. Mary’s Church, right on Henry St.
- Mingo Park- Located in Delaware
- Alum Creek State Park Designated Swimming Area- at Alum State Creek Park
- Blackwing Shooting Center- About 4 miles from Delaware, on Marysville Rd.
- Olentangy Indian Caverns- Information Above
- Downtown Delaware Historic Tour- Located in Downtown Delaware
January 31, 2011
Ms. Bishop and I will be putting together a map which will focus on things to do around the Ohio Wesleyan and the Delaware area. This will cover, but is not limited to, nature related activities, dog friendly areas, hiking and camping areas, tourist attractions, and cool historical locations to visit. This map will provide students, future students, faculty and staff, and the Delaware community alike with a way of finding something fun to do.